Friday 27 June 2014

Bump Watch 2014: 26 Weeks

Pregnant Blonde Bump

We've spent the past week in France and are now back in Glasgow. It was an amazing holiday that I'll blog about later but we almost didn't make it home. French air traffic control went on strike (as they do every summer, arseholes) and hundreds of flights were cancelled. Our flight luckily was not but it was over 3+ hours delayed so I spent 6 hours stuck in the world's tiniest airport on my birthday--fun!
Once we got back to Glasgow though we went out to Hard Rock Cafe for a birthday dinner and had a great time. They let Blondie Boy pick songs to be played and he even got a quick tour of the kitchen the lucky boy! Then on Thursday I headed to the physiotherapist to see about my SPD.

I had SPD when I was pregnant with Blondie Boy but not this bad this early. It turns out that the right side of my pelvis had slipped out of place and gotten stuck; that explains why my right leg went numb twice on vacation! So the physiotherapist manipulated my pelvis back into place. It sounds awful but really I had my leg up over her shoulder while I pressed back with my thigh and then she pushed my leg up higher. Sexy right? So that should have popped it back in place and now I have exercises to do to keep it in place in addition to the regular SPD precautions and I'll go back in July. It will probably get worse before better but if it works and keeps me off crutches longer I'm happy!

26 week pregnant lettuce baby size

*How far along?: 26 weeks
*How big is baby?: A head of lettuce. I'm guessing they mean American sized lettuce because I feel like lettuce here is pretty small. Perhaps if they specified variety I'd feel more confident about this choice.
Maternity clothes?: Yes with the exception of my swimsuit. Why do maternity swimsuits have no support and no boob space? I bought one from a nice high street chain and guess what? MY BOOBS BROKE IT. First the plastic on the adjuster part of the halter strap broke. So I tied the halter to make it shorter and guess what happened the next day? The freaking hook that attaches it to the suit snapped. So yea if you want to start up a business make maternity swimwear that can hold 34G+ boobs.
*Sleep?: I'm so happy to be back in my memory foam mattress. I'd wake up with one whole side of my body asleep in France and have to swap to the other until that side went asleep and back again.
*Best moment this week?: Just had a great time swimming and playing on the beach with Blondie Boy and watching him dance his heart out in the mini show on holiday.
*Movement?: Yes especially if you encroach upon their space. I can't fold my arms over my bump without getting kicked.
*Food cravings?: Had super yummy spinach and artichoke dip at Hard Rock for my birthday but again it's more an American thing than a craving I think.
*Labor signs?: No
*Belly button in or out?: Innie
*What I miss: France!
*What I'm looking forward to: Blondie Boy's graduation from pre-school (edited to add we've seen it now and it was the epitome of Montessori and totally random)
*Milestone: I'm in double digits apparently. I wouldn't have known I was under 100 days if I hand't copy/pasted the questions from 2009's post. I also had my first physio therapy appointment as mentioned above.

If you like to compare/contrast here is Blondie Boy's 26 week update from 2009.



Let's be friends! Find me here:

6 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Aww you have a gorgeous bump! I know what you mean about maternity swimsuits though - my favourite is a tankini from JoJo with really thick halter straps but now we're getting to the stage where I can either tie it low enough that the top covers the bump, or high enough that I don't look like I'm trying to be a side show!

Melaina25 said...

I think there is a JoJo in the west end of Glasgow I might need to go look!

Melaina25 said...

Looking good lady! Glad to hear the physio app went well, hopefully this will sort you out for a while longer x x

Melaina25 said...

Fingers crossed it works! Been a bit sore but no numbness so far so hopefully it's back in place :)

Melaina25 said...

You look great! And I have MAJOR mattress envy. I hate our old mattress with the heat of a thousand suns. In fact, now I think about it I'm sure it's one of the reasons I'm sleeping so badly! Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday. We're off to Cornwall for a week soon and I Can. Not. Wait. Big time ready for some relaxation and resting the bump! Thanks for linking up to the #BlogBumpClub again. xx

Melaina25 said...

Honestly if you can find a memory foam topper even maybe---pregnant lady's best friend :)