Friday 1 June 2012

Scootin with Microscooters

Blondie Boy loves to play outside, something not exactly compatible with Scottish weather, but given the choice he'd be outside all day, every day if possible. In general all outside toys are a win with him but I wasn't sure what Blondie Boy would think about a scooter and wasn't even sure he'd be able to scoot but OMG does he love his Micro Scooter. You'll notice that he is indoors in this photo--he's standing on his scooter watching tv. Blondie Boy drags his scooter all around the house and if I'd let him it would sit up on the couch with him. 


toddler scooterI was actually quite surprised how quickly he figured out how to actually scoot on his micro scooter. Blondie Boy has a Mini Micro Scooter which had two wheels at the front for greater stability for little legs so he's less likely to lose balance. He can easily scoot along but still isn't the best at steering! This video is literally the first time he took his scooter outside, Glasgow isn't ideal for outside pursuits before May, and you can see how he took to it. If you listen carefully you can hear him say "I'm doing it!"



Since he isn't quite two and a half when we take the scooter out more often than not he alternates between scooting, pulling the scooter, having Mommy or Daddy drag him on the scooter and just walking while one of us carries it. Today though I busted out the Micro Sprite Scooter, suitable for older children and adults and we had so much fun scooting together.

micro scooter mom toddler glasgowBlondie Boy loved racing Mommy and scooting beside me and since we were in our own backyard I didn't have to worry if he wandered away or dropped his scooter. I have a feeling we will have lots of fun scooting together when he is just a wee bit bigger, too!  In the meantime do you think I can get away with scooting around my block on my own? I think it would be a great workout!

This Jubilee weeked there is free shipping on all Limited Edition Union Jack Scooters! Super cute if you are wanting to get behind Team GB this summer!


union jack team gb scooter




The Mini Micro Scooter is recommended for ages 3-5 and starts from £49.95.
Aluminium Scooters are suitable from age 5-adult and start from £52.

Transatlantic Blonde were provided these scooters for review but all opinions are our own. Have you ever been around a two year old? They are about as honest as it gets :)

9 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I am so jealous. We have a shitty cheapo scooter, which i got after Lola played on one of these at a friends house. Our shitty one is just that. We've added one of these to her Birthday list. She loves them. And BB looks like he is having a great time !

Melaina25 said...

We have Micro Scooters and we love them. They sell some great accessories too and I blinged the girls wheels up at Christmas.
http://www.mummy-tips.com/2011/12/what-i-wore-wednesday-christmas-girls.html

Micro Scooters rock!

Melaina25 said...

I'm surprised he hasn't dragged it up on Skype and said "Look Sian mah Scoo-tore" yet :)

Melaina25 said...

I can totally picture Lo on a blinged out one :)

Melaina25 said...

We just bought one for our 3 year old and he loves it.  Super sturdy.  Will follow the tips below to bling it up!

Melaina25 said...

They are super sturdy right! It gets dragged and dropped all over and barely a scratch on it!

Melaina25 said...

Okay, I rarely get blogger envy, but wowza, I want a scooter fro myself! We bought M a micro before leaving London and he loves it! Would be great to scoot beside him. 

Melaina25 said...

Well, I am very much impressed by this micro scooters as they are best in all. I studied it's reviews and found that it is the scooter most liked by young ones.

micro scooters

Melaina25 said...

Micro kids scooters are great fun for kids and these are not much expensive almost cheap scooters. When i was kids i don't go without micro scooter anywhere.