Monday 17 January 2011

If my jeans could talk, would I be embarrassed?

5 sizes Old Navy Jeans 10, 12, 14, 16, 18
See those? That's Old Navy The Flirt Boot Cut Dark Wash Jeans; I own 5 pairs (not counting my ON Maternity Jeans) in 5 different sizes. In the past three years I've been all 5 sizes. Fall of 2007 I decided to try the South Beach diet and that combined with exercise meant I lost over 50lbs. Then we got married, I changed jobs and quit my gym, got pregnant had a baby and got fat all over again.

I blogged about putting back on a stone (14lbs) two years ago and to be honest I had totally healthy weight gain while pregnant with Blondie Boy (I had one hell of a bump) so I have no one to blame but myself.

I've been happy in all those jean sizes except the last one, that nasty US 18.

I was happy as a US 16 before I lost any weight, but now I'm back in those 16's again, but it's not the same. I feel heavier, tired and unmotivated. I went out in fairly tight tops and short skirts before but not a chance now. My stomach was sliced open and I don't have a muffin top, I have a muffin spill over. I don't begrudge having my emergency section one second, but I can't deny that it's left my body a different shape than it was before.


Don't get me wrong I love my curves. I love having an hourglass figure and I will never be one of those skinny girls, but I also know I'm not this girl I am now either. This isn't my body and I'm not me. I'm not carrying this weight in a healthy way and it's not good for anyone.

I'm so picky and careful about what Blondie Boy eats. I try to make sure everything is organic, home made, no sugar, low fat and low salt. He drinks nothing but water or formula and lots of fruits and veggies. I eat crap.

I'm a hypocrite! While I'm feeding my son meticulously, I'm drinking an Irn-Bru and eating a Gregg's chocolate covered donut. I want to set a good example for Blondie Boy and while I know he isn't absorbing my unhealthy eating now I don't want to be a hypocrite.

So I'm calling myself out. I'm calling myself a fatty boom batty, lazy, unhealthy hypocrite and I'm going to do something about it. I'm tired of sucking it in, turning my hips and bending my knee in photos to make myself look slimmer. I'm tired of dreading the thought of wearing anything out of the house other than sweats. I'm tired of not feeling like myself in my own body.

So that's that and I'm going to something about it and so is NotBlondeHusband for that matter. We both are going to eat healthier and be healthier not just for ourselves, but for our son.

My baby sister is getting married this October and all of us are the in wedding. I think ten months is a fairly healthy timeline for getting in shape and getting healthier--don't you?

And you lucky people get to cheer us on the whole way, or at least I hope you'll cheer us on? Will you be our cheerleaders....please?

13 comments:

Amanda said...

I will join you in the getting healthier ("operation lose it" for me) after #2 is born. =) You can do it!

Queens Mama said...

I'm cheering you on and joining the party! I had my first 4.5 years ago, and a horrific miscarriage a year later. I'm still working on regaining my body. I started this year with WeightWatchers and Jillian's 30 day shred. It's painful, but I'm starting to get out of those 18s! Whoohoo!

Queens Mama said...

Go Melaina! I'm cheering you on and joining the party. I had my first 4.5 years ago, and gained 40 pounds. Less than a year later, I had a horrific miscarriage and I'm still working to regain my body.

This year I started my resolution with WeightWatchers and Jillian's 30 day shred. It's painful as ever, but I'm getting out of those 18s! Go team!

Jessica said...

I started again, too! I am hoping never to see an 18 again.

Wicked Stepmom said...

I can join in on the cheering - and the losing!

Two girlies - 9 yrs and 6mos, and I still have weight from the first one. :D Time to get rid of it.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

Domestic Goddess Wannabe said...

Good luck with it all. My figure doesn't really change, but I do eat a load of rubbish. This morning I have had a muffin, cupcake and scone! Have a cold and think it needs feeding. I, like you, don't want to teach my son bad ways though so am going to get healthy.

Jennifer said...

What a great and honest post! Yes, I will be cheering you on!

Do you have a plan in action? I don't really believe in diets (it's about a lifestyle change) but the only diet I've ever done was the Eat to Live one. As a vegetarian, it was pretty simple but still - I would recommend it!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/031612091X/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0749923865&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1DCSME2PEXCPMXQWJ9JD

Lesley - Scottish Mum Blog said...

I'm doing it as well as I had got my weight out of control at the end of last year. A few of us are doing it at #newyearnewbody on twitter for support and weigh ins on Monday. I'm sure you'd we welcome to join in if you wanted to.

Dana said...

It took me 2 years to loose all of my baby weight. I stopped losing the day I quit nursing (at 1 year). It's not easy, but I swear by http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/. I lost a pound a week like it promises. And it's free! I plan on starting up again right after baby #2 is born... I'm not doing the 2 year thing again!

Anonymous said...

I'll cheer you on. I lost 20 lb this autumn and it was a great thing. I didn't go on a diet at all. And that was even better - because I've kept the weight off so far for 2 months. I just ate less and worked out more - no fad diets or anything that I couldn't do for life. It meant portion control, drinking a bit less alcohol and eating a few less deserts - but I didn't stop eating or drinking anything...just did it less.

Best of luck...you can do it!

JoernandAllison said...

DH and I are going back to the SBD tomorrow. I am looking forward to stopping all the crap that we eat. You can definately get healthy in 10 months! Here's a big cheer to you from Stuttgart!

Geekisnewchic said...

Here's a kiss. And in three weeks you get a whole weekend of hugs too.

Just shout if you wanna pull faces on Skype or talk crap. You know how good I am at that::)

Melaina25 said...

I love that you've somehow managed to comment on a post over a year old :) Thank you though; you know I'm logged into Skype 24/7 :)