Thursday 30 December 2010

Support the Girls

Boobs, yes I'm going to talk to you about my girls. I'm sorry Grandma I know you didn't like it the last time I mentioned them, but that was 8 months ago and up until a few weeks ago I still didn't have a bra that fit. Something had to be done. So apologies to Bessala, but I've warned you so you can stop reading now if you like :)


These are all bras that do not fit me. These aren't even all of them; there are a few sports bras I can't find and at least two bras I know of at my mother-in-law's house. Lets just say I have a lot of bras and none of them fit.

I think it's fair to say I was top heavy before I got pregnant. The women on both sides of my family are generously endowed and during my pregnancy between hormones, gaining weight and my ribcage expanding (it does that, did you know?) they got bigger again. They've come down some since having Blondie Boy, but I'm still top-heavier than I was before. I was constantly stuffing back in wayward boob spillage and well quadraboob is just not a good look.

Luckily the lovely people at Bravissimo came to my rescue. Bravissimo is a company that provides a wide choice of lingerie and swimwear in D-KK cup, as well as clothing designed especially for big boobed women so that they can celebrate their curves and feel good about themselves. They sell via catalog, Internet, phone and in twenty stores in the UK.


The stores are all staffed by very experienced fitting consultants, who will be delighted to help you find a bra that not only feels comfortable but also makes you feel fantastic. I went in for a fitting at the Glasgow store on Ingram street and the lovely staff were so nice and didn't give me the side-eye for my style requests. I have big boobs and I like them to look big; I want support in a bra, but I also don't want to be squished down and flattened if you know what I mean.

They don't use measuring tapes, but common sense to help find a bra that is a perfect fit. It seems obvious that different women are different shapes and different bras are different cuts, so not every bra is going to fit everyone the same way. My fitter was friendly and sincere and suggested several different bras to try.

The first bra I tried was a 34FF and fit, but wasn't quite my style. The Deco bra in a 34F (see I told you different sizes, different bras!) was exactly what I was looking for: formed demi cups, underwire and plunge. It creates a lovely rounded shape and gives excellent support. It's smooth and perfect under t-shirts and other form-fitting tops. I went for a nude colour and matching shorts, but it also came in black and a really cute purple colour with zebra trim.


I've tried a lot of bras and been to a lot of stores, but Bravissimo wins hands down. They also have clothes that run normal size, but with extra room in the chest. How great is that? Any busty girl will know what a pain shopping for dresses and especially button-down shirts can be, but no more! How cute is this dress (psst, it's on sale!)?


You can request a Bravissimo catalog here, find your local Bravissimo store here, or why not shop their up to 50% off sale here! You can also purchase items even if you live in the US, Canada, EU or Australia!
Transatlantic Blonde was provided a bra and underwear set to review, but the opinions expressed are her own.

2 comments:

Hoping For Hunter said...

Thanks for the site rec! Bra shopping is like my nemesis. I despise quad boob (especially when a bra fits in store but after a full day of wear, I'm falling out the top.) I ordered a catalog!

Sarah said...

Thanks for the rec! I'm checking out their site now.