Tuesday 1 September 2009

23 weeks

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With their sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that they are more than 11 inches long and weigh just over a pound, you may be able to see them squirm underneath your clothes.




Blood vessels in their lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze them when they hear them outside the womb.

*How far along?: 23 weeks

*Total weight gain: Don't know, they don't weigh me at my appointments

*How big is baby?: A large mango, but I've never seen an 11inch mango. I took the ruler to the kitchen and the Costco-sized Heinz Ketchup is 11 inches and (just for my Mom) a bottle of Maker's Mark is a bit shy of 11.

*Maternity clothes?: Yes, but our washing machine is busted and I'm in serious need of more tops and maybe some other options for pants. That or I need to go to my MIL's or the laundromat.

*Sleep?: I've got to wear splints at night because I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome; who knew such a thing existed?

*Best moment this week?: Getting our home report (inspection) back and having it valued for what we wanted it to be valued. Also, getting a new, bigger bra for free! When I got re-sized I showed the sales girl how the wire was popping out of my old bra and she let me exchange it for a new, bigger one--SCORE!

*Movement?: Oh yes, all day Sunday was nothing but squirming. I can see movement from the outside and the kicks are getting stronger. So far bebe does NOT like it if Emma has a barking fit. I'm hoping the advice from above is true and they get used to it.

*Food cravings?: No; only when I read about American/Cincinnati food I can't get here.

*Labor signs?: No

*Belly button in or out?: Innie, but much shallower

*What I miss: Not feeling dizzy and Izzy's Pickles and Corn Beef.

*What I'm looking forward to: Going to see Brian Wilson tonight (my anniversary present to NBH)

*Milestone: Seeing the bebe move from the outside.

2 comments:

Mrs.Andreazza said...

You are looking great!!

Dana said...

Your little belly is so cute.