Monday 26 January 2009

Hydraulic Hiccups

Today is my first day back at work and I 100% not over jet lag. To make matters worse my bus on the way in had one of those annoying drivers who love to play with the hydraulics anytime the bus is stopped. So it bounces up and down not unlike this hoopty wagon.

He must have mastered his technique because it felt like the bus was hiccuping every few seconds. I don't know why, or care for that matter why they do it but all bus drivers should be made to ride on the top of a double decker early in the morning while another driver plays with the hydraulics at all stops. It's horrible and I don't see how more people don't puke.

I understand hydraulics are needed to lower the bus for the elderly and disabled to reach the curb easier, but why must they be used to pass time at a red light or traffic jam? I wanted to say something, but my only chance would have been walking off the bus and it seems pretty pointless by then. I guess I could always write a letter to the bus company, but blah.

No comments: